Sunday 22 July 2012

ABIGALE! in pre-production?


I'm thinking of starting my first photostory, but I'm just really not sure I want to bother with the whPole thing.

I'v had in mind for a while now,a three part series titled "ABIGALE!"
Abigale follows the story of young man suffering from amnesia.
Waking to find his sole memory is the name Abigale, he determines to find this person and discover why he feels so drawn to the name and the person it is attached to. As the search begins tho, there are people wishing 
to entangle the youth, and his simple quest becomes mixed with lies and false impressions. 

Cast List
DoD Sha 
DoD Shall  
DoC Twin-B or Soom Adamelli 


I'v never been confident in my photography tho, and I'm always self conscious of my own stories. I just don't feel like I could create something I would be happy with.  It would also be something I would want to share, but I highly doubt anyone would want to look at it. Maybe a couple views from friends from people I asked to see it, and one or two pity posts. I'm just not sure. 

Pre-production Shot

The photo above is of the bed I finished making yesterday for some of the scenes. I also styled the wig, put clothing on my protagonist, and he looks pretty good considering he has no face-up. The wig is perfect for this character ( but terrible for Orophen, haha ), and I downloaded PaintTool Sai so I can start trying some real photo editing with eyes and lighting ( which I did here ). I think the picture is a great Pre-production shot, with a decent feel for what I want to do, and a good depiction of the character despite it being grainy and...face-up less.

 I just don't feel like it will be good, worth it or....anything. I showed my sister the pic and tried talking to her about it and she was like meh. I feel like if I can't get my own sister to take a look at this, I don't think anyone is going to, and I don't want to go through this whole thing if it's going to rot on my computer, die in the back pages of DoA, or just be another set of bad pictures on flik'r. I'll put in all this hard work, get nine views over the entire trilogy and maybe one comment for each. Or maybe I'm just wrong for waning a little acknowledgment when I put in effort. 
I'm just really not sure I want to bother with the whole thing...



1 comment:

  1. I, for one, think the story sounds intriguing and hope you do share it. I know it's hard to put yourself out there and get zero feedback, I struggle with that every day but the most important thing is that if you have a story to tell, tell it. A story longs to be told, it's why it manifests in our heads.

    Don't let the no comments/feedback dishearten you though. As my husband is fond of telling me, people these days, lurk more than anything else. There seems to be a lack of interaction on blogs these days which is a shame. Back in the day, people interacted a lot more through blogging platforms.

    As far as photography goes, you learn as you go. Make use of what you already have and just concentrate on clever angles to get the general gist of what you're trying to portray. It doesn't have to be exact.

    Also GIMP is a free program that you can use and is similar to photoshop, like a stripped down version if you are looking for photo editors to use.

    As you know, I don't put an awful lot of photos in my stories, at least not in the more intensive narrative ones. The ratio of writing to photos is really up to you.

    Just go for it I say and see where it goes.

    As for the photo of the character, I am already intrigued and would like to know more.

    ReplyDelete